Friday, October 23, 2009

An Example of Website “Screen Scraping”

Have you ever needed to collect information from a website without having to tediously cut-and-paste from several different web pages? This paper highlights a cobbled-together method the author used in solving a specific business problem. For beginner and intermediate SAS programmers, this paper may serve as an introduction to a wide range of different SAS functionality, including macros, regular expressions, the URL access method, the DO/%DO loop, PROC TRANSPOSE, and the INDEX and SUBSTR functions.

by Eric Lewerenz, My InnerView, Wausau, WI

The author, Eric Lewerenz, is a former colleague of mine at My InnerView.  He is someone for whom I have the highest respect and admiration, but most importantly, I am privileged to call him my friend. He was nice enough to mention me in the acknowledgment section, but the genius in this approach is entirely his.


http://www.mwsug.org/proceedings/2009/appdev/MWSUG-2009-A09.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment